twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Friday, December 31, 2010

andalusia

Cuak, cuak, cuak. Exam's coming and I'm publishing a post O_o

Firstly, I planned not to write that much cause my ASN, SF and REN are in dire need of being read. So, I'll just write as simple as I can.

Andalus, Spain
Adlan - Hosni - Syahmi - Ameer - Fikri - Ahmed - Syahir - Syamil - Adib
17-22 Dec 2010

Day 1, Gibraltar





Since the Leicesterians haven't arrived yet, we chose Gibraltar as our first stop.

Europa Point, Jabal Tariq (Gibraltar Rock), Tariq bin Ziyad, the southernmost mosque in Continental Europe, the day I learned to start using my DSLR extensively and how I wish I could go to Morocco!

Day 2, Granada




We went to the Granada Mosque, watched Alhambra from afar at night and had dinner at a restaurant where we met a brother from Morocco (lupe nak mintak nombor, hehe) and a lovely mak cik that allows us to have milkshakes included in our meals.

Oh yeah, we picked up the Leicesterians from Malaga Airport and headed straight to Granada afterwards. By the way, if you looked at the design featured in the Granada Mosque, you will actually see some resemblance with the arches at Mezquita in Cordoba.

Day 3, Granada









It's the day we go to Alhambra. 

Highlights include the pool which can reflect the moonlight, the court of the lions (thanks lah orang yang rosakkan!), the motto of Nasrid dynasty in Arabic calligraphy being written and sculptured all over the place and the encounter with a sweet lady by the name of Hope.

"...Don't you see how water overflows the borders 
and the warned drains are here against it? 
They are like the lover who in vain 
tries to hide his tears from his beloved..."
(I just love this part of the poem which was encrypted on the basin of the Court of the Lions)

At the Palace of Charles V (the only Christian building in the whole fortress), it was destined that we found Hope. Working in the museum, she offered us a tour and it was complimentary. And throughout the fine, expressive elucidations, I just can't deny that she somehow illustrated her izzah towards Islam, masyaAllah. And among the things which I could recall (that was originally from Islam) include the order that we dine during a meal (starting with soup and end with sweets) and even those platform shoes; that were the cutting edge of fashion at that time.  A short story on Ziryab was also presented to us by Mak Cik Izzah (yeap, I call her that). And Mak Cik Izzah was so overwhelmed by the crafts and artwork produced by the Muslim men as they were clearly made by meticulous hands. She even said that Muslim men prioritize cleanliness and they even have perfume for the mosque. Ok, this maybe a bit irrelevant but she said that white and blue had always been the colour of royalty. And I said to myself, "no wonder I love blue" :P 

Anyway, the main thing is, everything that we found out from this tour, it all traced back to Islam. Before we go, she asked us to translate her name to Malay and we said, "Harapan"...

Day 4, Cordoba







So, we then reached Mezquita where the once majestic mosque is now constructed with chapels at the sides and the middle is now filled with a cathedral. Even Mak Cik Izzah agreed that it is a shame really that the cathedral is built within the mosque. We did go to other places as well but my battery was low so there weren't that much of pictures. And also, a lot of places were closed on Mondays. Anyways, I just want to say to Ahmad Shahrul Kamal and Muhammad Hakim Razali that I don't really mind that I didn't go to you-know-where :P

Day 5, Sevilla








The Great Cathedral of Seville, Giralda (the remaining part of the Mosque which was a minaret, now a bell tower), Real Alcazar (the royal Moorish palace) and we even stopped at Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza (a bullring; since Syahir said it was his childhood dream of going to the place).

Day 6, Malaga and adios

Didn't spend much time here. We stayed for a night at a hostel that uses my card as the key for all the rooms. Cool giler!

The next morning, we went to the beach despite the rain and wind that continuously making our paths more treacherous. And the beach? It was dainty. The black sands and the turquoise water served as a good ending to this journey of ours.

-END-

And so, that is it.

I know that Arabic is very useful cause apparently, some of the people that we met prefer to converse in Arabic after Spanish.

I know that Allah has blessed this place to be the location for the Umayyah Caliphate once upon a time.

I know that Muslims rule!

I know that there is Hope...and I know there is hope...

6 reviews:

  1. Dear Wafi,
    Am happy to finally read this.At least your travels have taught me about the side of Spain I never knew. I hope I too get to go there one day and maybe bump into Hope ;)
    The pics are lovely too. Now I know your housemate is well and alive :D.. Good luck in your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i bet Hosni hasn't replied your messages :P

    i get the feeling that you just got back from your kampung (cause suddenly, i got comments from you. hihi)

    thanks for your wish! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! The way you describe it, superb! =)
    I want more! more! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. syahmi cami,

    i promised myself to upload the photos on fb after exams, hehe. kte study dulu ek ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. andalusia pon tajuk lagu ke? :P

    btw, gambar2 sangat cantik. and all of those deeply affected me with the "J" word :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes lutfi, tajuk lagu m nasir. heheh

    oh, that "J" word; haha. u'll go there when you have the chance insyaAllah ;)

    ReplyDelete