twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Friday, July 06, 2012

shake it out

Alhamdulillah, today is a momentous day for 3rd Year Medical students from The University of Nottingham as we all faced our 3rd and Final revelation of this long grueling year.

The Crazy Idea
First, I shall tell you about my original plan. I initially thought about downloading the result on my iPad, find a boat, paddle far away from everyone else and do this all after Jumaah prayer. But the results were released 2 hours earlier than scheduled and I figured that I didn't want to go out now cause I have laundries to do and all. So, I checked straight away.

The Result
I passed all components alhamdulillah and decided to write this status:


What people didn't realize was that I'm also in the bottom 30% for one component...I should have probably written that on my status as well. 

You see people, prior to the examination, people around me kept saying things like..


"Knowledge boleh baca bila-bila. Skills yang susah nak develop."


Saya terkilan bila dengar orang cakap camni sebab it made me feel stupid -_-". But I don't mind though. Korang memang pandai, so cakap je la apa-apa pun. I know my place.

Yes, some people in this world are much better in skills rather than knowledge. It may be uncommon but I can tell you one of them is named Adlan Wafi. Yes, I am in so much trouble in the Knowledge part of my assessment. But I'm least worried about my skills when my friends on the other hand, were worried about the skills (don't get me wrong, I was nervous on each day of my exams as well). So, the next time Adlan Wafi wants to learn more in terms of knowledge, that's because this is not his forte. Korang bertuah, otak besar-besar, sebab tu knowledge krg excel and selalu fokus kat skills. I have to put extra effort into my knowledge section. Tau tak, I barely escaped from being in the Bottom 10%? That's how close I was to elimination.

So yeah, I am in the Top 30% for my skills and in addition, I'm in the Bottom 30% for my knowledge bringing my mark to average which I am proud of no matter what you say. By the way, my definition of proud is "happy and grateful for an achievement despite the fact that it's not a big deal according to other people". So yeah, my total is 60+. See, takdela hebat sangat kan? But I'm proud of it :)

As for my two other modules, I didn't get a First Class for one and for the other one, it's strong enough but I know that someone beat me for that module. So, I may not be in the run for the Prize which I'm okay with. A strong result is enough to make me feel happy and I hope that you become one of the nominees!

Oh yeah, I think I am finally back into the Top 50% of my batch which is awesome cause that has been my aim all this time alhamdulillah. What a great start to my 2nd degree! Once again, my average is 60+, so no need to feel jealous or anything.

And if my calculation's right, inshaAllah I'll be graduating with a 2:1 degree which is PERFECT to me. 

The Call in the Rain
I talked to my Mum in the rain this afternoon as I was really upset with something which I just came to realize. I cannot tell you all about it cause it's too personal but I just have a favour to ask of you - please pray that Adlan Wafi will be healthy and find a cure. Cause I'm just too young to have this happening to me :'(

This is the reason why I've been showing some depressive symptoms lately at home (only my housemates would realize this). And the GP wasn't that helpful either. He really needs to show more empathy!

I've called some of my friends in Malaysia today. I didn't really talk about it cause sometimes their voices weren't clear or they had to do some things. So, I don't really want to bother them with my problem and just talked about my result to keep the mood positive. 

Anyway, I'm still upset though. Can't seem to shake it out of me. I couldn't get much sleep last night because of this. My exam result was the least thing bothering me at the moment before it was released today. Ya Allah, please heal me...

0 reviews:

Post a Comment